Maitland and Port Stephens Toyota Pro 2017 champion Yago Dora – by www.throwingbuckets.com.au
Public transport is the best way to get to Surfest 2018, with extra weekend bus services planned from Newcastle and Hamilton to make getting there easy. You can use your Opal card to travel to the event.
Click here for: Bus, Train, Ferry, Road and accessibility options
• Newcastle Buses Route 201 services run to Merewether Beach from Hamilton and Newcastle.
• Extra Route 201 buses run every 30 minutes between 09:00 and 17:30 on Saturday 18 to Sunday 19 February and Friday 24 to Sunday 26 February.
o Normal fares apply – you will need to purchase a ticket or use your Opal Card to travel.
• The last bus from Merewether will leave at different times each day:
o Friday: at 18:28 (to Hamilton) and 18:23 (to Newcastle).
o Saturday: at 17:27 (to Hamilton) and 17:26 (to Newcastle).
o Sunday: at 17:27 (to Hamilton) and 17:35 (to Newcastle).
• See bus timetables and maps or use the Trip planner.
• The closest station to Merewether Beach is Hamilton on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line.
o Change at Hamilton for a Route 201 bus to the beach.
• Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink services will run to regular timetables. See train timetables and maps.
o Route 110 bus services replace trains between Newcastle and Hamilton stations.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS:
Newcastle Airport, NSW’s second busiest airport, is serviced by Jetstar, Virgin Australia, QantasLink, Regional Express and FlyPelican and has direct flights to and from Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ballina/Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, Taree, Sydney Canberra, Dubbo, and Melbourne. You can also connect to more than 65 destinations with just one stop.
All major car rental companies operate from Newcastle Airport. Or, travel hassle-free and let Newcastle Airport Information Services arrange your door-to-door airport transfers—surf boards are no problem at all.
Information Services Desk
Phone: 02 4928 9822
Email: [email protected]